Thursday

Frank Ocean comes out the closet for album sales

Frank Ocean

Less than 17 hours ago, Frank Ocean, lead musician from Odd Future confirmed the gay rumors in his open love letter. This trend which has been dating since last year sees rappers and hip hop artists, rappers etc breaking down from the pressure of having to act overly macho to sell albums. A key note to realize is that a LOT of artists prefer homosexual contacts and act the part of a womanizer to sell some music.


"Four summers ago, I met somebody. I was 19 years old. He was too," he writes.
"We spent that summer, and the summer after, together. Everyday almost. And on the days we were together, time would glide. Most of the day I'd see him, and his smile.
"Sleep I would often share with him. By the time I realized I was in love, it was malignant. It was hopeless. There was no escaping, no negotiating to the women I had been with, the ones I cared for and thought I was in love with," Ocean continued.
Although the romance didn't last, Ocean says he grew from it, wrote at least two albums worth of material from it, and it gave him a new respect for life.
In the end, it made him feel free: "I don't have any secrets I need kept anymore ... I feel like a free man."
With the swirling rumors of gay and bisexuality in hip-hop, it's brave for Ocean to take a stand and come out.
Ocean's Odd Future bandmate, Tyler The Creator, responded sometime after the singer posted the letter, expressing how proud he was. "My Big Brother Finally F***ing Did That. Proud Of That N***a Cause I Know That Sh** Is Difficult Or Whatever," he tweeted (@f***tyler).
In addition to the revelation, Ocean is expected to sing about his experiences about his first love in his upcoming debut, Channel Orange.
Ocean has been overseas, previewing the album for press, which sparked the rumors surrounding his sexuality.

Is his music career over, or is this the new thing. Do you expect to see guys shaking booty in music video soon? Let's see, next in line is Trey Songz and Lloyd

2 comments:

  1. the game is not messed up, people gotta start realizing that machismo is an act to sell more albums. who told you people are that macho in 'real life'. wake up, and smell the coffee. more than 90% of these rappers are dl. watch the LA complex to get an insight cccc

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't think it's anybody's business what he decides to do with himself, but I think people are mad at it because they feel deceived

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...